Wednesday, December 16, 2009




Another dumpster plywood creation is this similar vase. The orientation of the plywood is different however and I have yet to put the dye on.
As you can see the orientation of the plywood makes 3 different vases with entirely different looks.
One horizontal gives the wavy gravy look, next the concentric circle look as the plywood is oriented vertically with the plywood finish facing out and finally the vertical orientation with the interior of the plywood facing out giving it a 'many lines ' look.
Will post pics of the last after finish and dye.
Steve

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - I can see that it was a good thing that you got the lathe! I've got a joiner-planer but I couldn't do anything that pretty - its going to take me about two years to really set up my shop. Merry Christmas - we love you - greetings from Tennessee
    Chris and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,

    JC was a carpenter you found your calling. I have a set of tool for your Lathe maybe we could have a party and create something special together. I have made candle holders and a lamp in woodworking back in the day. Keep up the great work. Your Pal Steve Labbe
    http://paradigmph.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,

    Where is the Pen pitures you create?

    Thanks again I love the one you gave me.

    Steve:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve,
    you do fine work. It is so nice to see these pictures, they remind me of the day we made a round pen in your work shop. Actually, I made the pen and you supervised to make sure that I would leave your work shop with 10 fingers (preferably still attached to my hands).
    As an artist, and doing art shows, I see fine craftsmanship...but not as fine as yours. Your work is inspirational.
    Thanks, Reinoud.

    ReplyDelete